Helpful Information from Great Falls Animal Hospital
Great Falls Animal Hospital provides a wide variety of services for animals of all ages. It’s our passion to help pet parents in as many ways as possible. That’s why we offer everything from routine wellness checkups to vaccinations to dental care and beyond. In addition to these services, we also provide a wide selection of resources that we believe can further assist you with caring for your pets.
Check out some of the websites below that were chosen by our veterinarians. If you have immediate questions or concerns about your pet, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team at (703) 594-7363.
General Pet Care
- Animal Poison Control
- Step By Step Guide to Administering Subcutaneous Fluids to Your Pet
- Pet CPR video by the AVMA
- AAHA’s Health Pet website can help
- AVMA video on how to pic the right toy for your pet
- Learn how to brush your pets teeth in this video
- Anesthesia and Your Pet video by AVMA
- Veterinary Partner has all kinds of information written by veterinarians, including information about diseases, care of different species, and behavior issues.
- Helpful video on how to give fluids under the skin to your pet at home. Although this is directed towards our kitty friends, the information still applies to our canine buddies.
- My pet needs a blood test. What does this mean? The AVMA has a video explanation.
- How to trim your cat’s nails.
- How to give your cat medications, pills, capsules, or liquids.
- Taking your cat’s temperature.
- Cleaning your cat’s ears.
- Learn how to test your diabetic cat’s blood sugar level at home.
- Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease or FLUTD.
- this video about urinary blockage.
- Cat scratching and training.
- Dr. Sophia Yin’s Body Language of Feline Anxiety.
- How to give your dog medication.
- Puppy socialization video by the AVMA.
- Crate training your puppy by Eukanuba.
- Heartworm Life Cycle.
- Learn how to clean your dog’s ears.
- Dental care in dogs.
- Post injury rehabilitation for Dogs: Cruciate Ligament Surgery.
- What is Hip Dysplasia in dogs?
- How to care for a dog with Degenerative Myelopathy.
- Preventing dog bites by learning to greet dogs properly by Dr. Sophia Yin. Good lessons for adults and kids.
Grief Support And Counseling
- HelpGuide.org has links for you or your loved ones experiencing grief over the loss of a pet. It also has good resources for helping children.
- ASPCA Grief Counseling Line: (877) 474-3310.
- Washington State University Pet Loss Support: (866) 266-8635 – Monday through Thursday, 7PM – 9PM, Saturday, 1PM – 3PM.
- The Ohio State University Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement Website
- University of Pennsylvania Grief Support
- University of Florida Pet Loss Support
- Tufts University Pet Loss Support Hotline
“She listens intently to my concerns and is always very responsive.”- Carol S.
“I have never been disappointed.”- Barbara F.
“I wouldn’t dream of taking her anywhere else.”- Tina S.